Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Denver: Rockies 7, Brewers 5


Last night started off very well -- Rachael flew in from DC to join me for the rest of my trip and we had dinner with two of her friends/work associates that she doesn't have a chance to see very often. They were gracious enough to treat us to dinner at a very nice restaurant near the ballpark and I enjoyed meeting them and sharing my story about my trip.

The game was very much a playoff atmosphere - the Rockies are playing to lock down the National League Wild Card and got themselves one game closer last night with a walk-off homer in the bottom of the 11th inning, the third of my trip. The stadium is a top-10 for me... theres nothing outstanding about the stadium itself but it does have a great view of the Rocky Mountains in left field and is located downtown near several nice bars and restaurants.... this is essential to a great ballpark experience, in my opinion, and something that many MLB parks lack.

Rachael and I are now about to enter Nevada on our way to San Diego for the Padres-Dodgers game this evening. I'm hoping that the Dodgers manage to clinch the NL West today or Friday... it would definitely be cool to see an on-field celebration at one of my games.

No comments:

Post a Comment