Friday, September 18, 2009

Cincinnati: Reds 3, Marlins 2


Finally some success for the home team... the Reds won a good pitching matchup last night against the Flordia Marlins in front of less than 10,000 fans on the riverfront in Cincinnati. Its a shame to see that fans of smaller markets bail on their teams once they're out of playoff contention... I'm assuming this won't change much in markets like Seattle and Phoenix later in my trip.

I do have to say that in the two games I've been to in Cincinnati I've had a lot of fun -- college towns tend to have young crowds with more of a festive atmosphere and last night was no different despite the poor attendance. I was fortunate enough to have the company of my friend Nate during the game and his girlfriend Julie and his friends afterwards for some drinks and TV after the game.

I went ahead and purchased tickets for our game this coming Sunday for the Twins and Tigers -- now that the AL Central is suddenly a race again and the Metrodome is closing, I figured it would be best to ensure that we have seats before we arrive at the stadium. This weekend is now shaping up to be a good few days of baseball and something I'm definitely looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment