Saturday, September 19, 2009

St. Louis: Cardinals 3, Cubs 2


For my second trip to St Louis I had the fortunate opportunity to see the Cubs visit for a great game. The game last night was probably one of the best games I've had the opportunity to see in person, both for the game itself and the back-and-forth between Cardinals and Cubs fans. The game was a great defensive matchup that was started by Smoltz and Lily and ended in a walkoff homerun by Matt Holliday in the bottom of the 9th inning. I was lucky to have my buddy Steve fly in for the game to share the experience and will be with me until Kansas City on Monday.

There were some great fans on both sides of the matchup that were near us that showed us an absolutely great time. We met up with some of them at a local bar outside the stadium and was treated to an evening of drinks and dancing. The DJ was tipped off that I had just returned from Iraq and I ended up on the stage being toasted and singing Sweet Child O Mine for everyone in the bar. It was a great experience for me and definitely the best evening I've had since I returned back to the country.

Today Steve and I will be traveling to Milwaukee for an evening game and will be heading to Madison after the game to check out the town and some of the bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment