Saturday, September 26, 2009

Phoenix: Padres 4, Diamondbacks 0


With all of the star pitchers that I've seen on my trip so far, it seems pretty ironic that the best pitching performance was turned in by someone I had never heard of. San Diego's Kevin Correia pitched a 6-hit shutout on a perfect baseball night. The weather was in the low 90's with the roof open and the air was that wonderful temperature where you dont even notice it. The stadium is one of my favorites... the people are all nice and most of the fans stuck around for the end of the game even though they were losing. I'd like to think that it wasnt exclusively due to the fireworks that were held after the game.

Now that Todd has left to head home, I will be off to Texas tomorrow for the Rangers game and Houston on Sunday. Im looking forward to it -- I dont know anyone thats been to either of the Texas parks and I havent been to Texas since basic training in the Air Force eight years ago. I'm hoping the weather system in the south has moved far enough east to not affect either of my games... its been nice to not have foul weather for my games lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment