Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Kansas City: Royals 12, Red Sox 9


Last night was my second trip to Kauffman Stadium, but my first to the renovated version of the home of the Royals. I definitely like the upgrades that were added for this season... an outfield concourse and new HD screen highlight the changes to the 40-year-old facility.

The game was a wet and wild affair -- it started raining in the 2nd inning and intensified through the middle innings of the game as the Royals mounted a comeback from a 6-0 deficit to beat the Red Sox. The rain was a welcome experience for me though -- after so long in the desert I enjoyed sitting out in the downpour and feeling the rain run down my face and back. Steve and Todd thought I might have been a bit crazy, and I might pay for it with my health if the cold and wet catch up to me, but it was worth it.

Last night Steve left to go back home and Todd came in to accompany me through Phoenix on Friday. We're currently at the west end of Kansas about to enter Colorado and are looking to make it to Las Vegas for the evening. We will be meeting up with my buddy Joe and his fiance Dawn in the morning for the Angels-Yankees game in LA and will be looking to enjoy some west coast weather for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment