Thursday, September 24, 2009

Anaheim: Yankees 3, Angels 2

Yesterdays game was a great showing for my beloved Yankees. AJ Burnett had the type of performance that the Yankees need from him for the playoffs with 11 strikeouts and showed his ability to pitch out of jams. The Yankees bullpen struggled a bit, but managed to get the ball to Mariano Rivera for the save. It was the Yankees' first series win in Anaheim in 5 years and is important for them if they face the Angels in the playoffs this year.

After the game my friends Joe and Dawn took Todd and I on a drive through Los Angeles to see some of the tourist attractions and then to Santa Monica for some drinks and dinner. We had a great time with them and are extremely grateful for them being good hosts to us and showing us their city. Joe's one of the best baseball fans I know and I thoroughly enjoyed talking shop with him for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment