Sunday, September 13, 2009

Boston: Red Sox 9, Rays 1


Fenway Park was everything I had imagined it would be. From the moment I set eyes on Yawkey Way and smelled that wonderful food being grilled outside I was sold on the place. I loved every square inch of the stadiums old time structure and feel and was reminded very much of Wrigley. Despite the poor view of the field from the grandstands I couldn't have sat anywhere else - it was perfect.

The game itself was quite miserable - the game start was delayed by 2 hours because of rain and was called after the 5th inning. The Sox scored 8 in a big inning and Josh Beckett turned in a strong performance. Despite my personal allegiance to the Yankees it was great to see good baseball and to have someone there to share it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment