Thursday, September 3, 2009

On my way

Here I am, sitting in Reagan national airport and waiting to leave on the trip of a lifetime. I just got back from Iraq this past weekend after a year as a contractor. I figured now was as good a time as any to reward myself for my hard work and also to enjoy the game of baseball that I've missed so much while i was away.

I arrive in Miami tonight for the first of my games and will see games in all 30 ballparks during the next month, culminating with the season-closing game in Seattle on October 4th. I will have the company of many great friends along the way, but this trip is really designed for me to reconnect with myself and readjust to living life again.

My hope is to come away from this trip with a new sense of self, a new love for the game, some great memories, and photos to share for a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment