Sunday, September 27, 2009

Houston: Astros 3, Reds 2


I was truly disappointed that the Astros decided to go with a closed roof for the game today. I had been perfect so far on getting stadiums open with retractable roofs and I didnt really feel that the weather warranted having a closed roof. It was 90 degrees and partly cloudy with no inclimate weather in the area. Having the closed roof definitely makes for a different atmosphere at games and coupled with a relatively sedate crowd and a relative lack of game action, the game was not terribly exciting.

Minute Maid Park is one of the more interesting stadiums in baseball, though... There is a sharp hill in center field with brick archways in left field with a train that comes out on tracks after an Astros home run. I was fortunate enough to see this, so I cant necessarily say the day was a complete miss.

One interesting thing I did notice over the past three weeks is even with some tight baseball races coming down the end of the season, there are an awful lot of folks at the baseball games that are obsessed with checking football scores during the game. Half of the tv's in the concourses were tuned to the Texans game today and most of the tv's I saw in the suites were the same. Guess that shows how much football has taken center stage on Sundays in the US these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment