Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Detroit: Royals 11, Tigers 1


It seems that the home teams have not been able to catch much of a break on my trip. To this point the home team is winning just over 25% of the games, including tonights spanking of the Tigers by the Royals.

Tonight I ended up getting seats a dozen rows from the third base dugout, perfect for getting photos with my telephoto lens of the action. The stadium was quite nice-- definitely a top 5 candidate for me. I was disappointed that a playoff contender did not come close to selling out their stadium so close to the end of the season, but I'm assuming that the economic difficulties of the area contributed to the issue.

Tomorrow I will be visiting Chicago Cubs for the third time and will have an opportunity to see my friend Jamie for the game. Im definitely looking forward to attempting to get a good pizza in this time around -- I hadnt been able to my last time in Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment