Saturday, October 3, 2009

Los Angeles: Rockies 4, Dodgers 3


Tonights victory over the Dodgers by the Rockies took the Dodgers' lead in the NL West down to 1 game. It'll make for an interesting end of the weekend, and it's a shame I won't be around to see the end of the series. I honestly can say that today's experience converted me from an impartial baseball fan to someone that will root against the Dodgers in any situation I possibly can. They've secured a place in my heart that has been reserved for the Red Sox only for my entire life, and that's a pretty major accomplishment in my eyes.

My entire experience with the game today was a complete mess, and I honestly don't know how folks can ever look forward to going to a game at Dodgers Stadium. There was a 10-mile backup to get to the stadium down highways 110 and 101 and it took over an hour to go the last 5 miles of our trip from San Diego. Parking was unmanagable for us and not one person that we encountered, from fellow fans to staff working at vending, had a nice thing to say to us. I've heard broadcasters state on TV that people file into Dodgers games in the 4th inning and leave in the 7th because its the hip thing to do, but I am here to say that its because the traffic is so horrendous that folks show up late and leave early to avoid a similar logjam after the game.

Our arrival to San Diego had been delayed on Tuesday because of snow in the Colorado and Utah mountains, so I had to switch my schedule around a little bit. We will instead be doing the Padres game tomorrow and flying to Seattle on Sunday to watch the Mariners game rather than driving tomorrow. It will give me a chance to spend an extra day with my buddy Dave and someone else to accompany to my final California game tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment