Sunday, September 6, 2009

Atlanta: Reds 3, Braves 1


Turner Field in Atlanta was definitely the best of the three stadiums I've been to so far, although it was expected. The stadium is modern with some retro aspects to it, much like other stadiums that have been built in this decade, but lacks some of the exceptional qualities that some of the other new stadiums have such as the ability to see the game from all of the promenades that Philladelphia sports for Citizens Bank Park.

The Braves fans were very enthusiastic about the game, and in my opinion are some of the best that I've seen in baseball. With a few good acquisitions this year, it seems that Atlanta is poised to make a strong push in the NL East in the next year or two and it excited me to think about what that stadium would be like come playoff time.

The game itself was enjoyable - another pitching duel that was decided by a big inning late. My friend Jessica that I worked with in Iraq came into town with her husband Steve and met up with me for the game. It was nice to enjoy the game with some folks I knew, and I also had the opportunity to share some tips about photography with the two of them.

Tomorrow I will be arriving in DC for an afternoon game at Nationals Park against the Marlins. I'm looking forward to that -- the Marlins have won 4 straight and are in the hunt for a playoff spot. Theres nothing like good September baseball to brighten a man's day.

No comments:

Post a Comment