Saturday, September 12, 2009

New York: Witnessing History


Last night was an absolutely amazing baseball experience for me and was, without a doubt, my best baseball experience in my life. That's saying alot, considering the fact the Yankees were stomped by the Orioles on a cold and rainy night.

By the time I actually made it to Yankee Stadium after picking up Melissa, Don, and Helena I had been on the road for 4 hours and we were an hour late for the game. Most fortunately for us the start of the game was delayed by am equal amount of time and we got to our seats in time for the 9/11 ceremony at the beginning of the game.

Derek Jeter passed Lou Gehrig as the Yankee all time hits leader in the third inning in a moment I can only describe as awesome and amazing to experience after all the time I had spent in Iraq waiting for an opportunity to see my home stadium again with my own eyes. I was thrilled to have shared the moment with good friends and most likely will not forget that night for as long as I live.

Today I'm off to Boston with rachael for my first game at Fenway park, which i've been looking forward to for many many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment