Sunday, October 4, 2009

San Diego: Padres 2, Giants 0


My second-to-last game on my trip saw a great pitching duel in San Diego last night. One half of the matchup, Matt Cain, was expected while Wade LeBlanc of the Padres put up a much stronger performance that I had expected and I definitely did not expect him to outduel Cain. The game moved very fast, as most National League games do, and before we knew it it was time to move on to our other evening activities.

My friend Dave joined Rachael and I at the game and afterwards for drinks in the Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego's bar and restaurant district located adjacent to the ballpark near the waterfront downtown. It was my second chance to enjoy this upscale dining area - I had been in San Diego for a conference several years ago - but as with last time I passed on the upscale and pretentious clubs in the area and settled on Dick's Last Resort for some great bar food and drinks, as well as the unique back-and-forth with the bar and wait staff that I couldn't get enough of.

Rachael and I flew to Seattle this morning and are currently at a bar in the waterfront neighborhood waiting to make our way over to Safeco Field and my last game and stadium for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment